New York Office:
1345 Avenue of the Americas
New York, NY 10105
CEO: Julie Sweet
Stock Symbol: ACN
Accenture is one of the world's leading
management consulting, technology services and outsourcing companies.
Accenture helps clients reduce costs and
also outsource technology functions. Employees have experience
in a variety of industries in key business areas, including customer
relationship management, supply chain management, business strategy,
technology and outsourcing.
The company's global headquarters are in Dublin, Ireland. It has offices in 51 countries around the world.
Accenture has five main operating groups: Communications, Media and Technology; Financial Services; Health and Public Services; Products; and Resources.
Accenture reported record revenues of $43.2 billion for fiscal 2019, up 5% from the previous year, and net income of $4.85 billion. New bookings were $45.5 billion for the year. Consulting revenues were $24.2 billion and outsourcing revenues were $19.0 billion for 2019. North American revenues were $19.99 billion.
Employment has increased by 54,000 over the past year.
Julie Sweet became CEO of Accenture in September, 2019.
Initially called Andersen Consulting, Accenture
was formally established in 1989 when a group of partners from
the Consulting division of the various Arthur Andersen firms
around the world formed a new organization focused on consulting
and technology services related to managing large-scale systems
integration and enhancing business processes.
Accenture changed its name from Andersen
Consulting in 2001 after severing ties from its parent company
Arthur Andersen. The company went public on the NYSE in April,
In June 2009, the company was incorporated in Ireland from Bermuda.
- Medical: Includes a variety of options thru Preferred Provider Organizations (PPOs), and some local HMO options.
- Dental: A choice of traditional dental plan or dental maintenance organization.
- Long-Term Disability: There are three different levels of long-term disability coverage. You may elect to cover 50, 60 or 66.7 percent of your monthly salary.
- Employee Life Insurance: You may elect 1-9
times the amount of your salary for varied levels of coverage.
- Dependent Life Insurance: Includes seven levels of coverage.
- Flexible Spending Accounts: Allow employees to set aside
pre-tax dollars to use for health care, dependent care and transportation
costs. Employees have utilized these reimbursement accounts for
items such as contact lenses, glasses and travel expenses (ex.
parking, monthly train/bus fare).
- 401(k) and Match Savings Plan: New employees are eligible to contribute to a
401(k) account through payroll deductions, beginning on their
first day of work.
The 401(k) accounts are matched dollar to dollar by Accenture up to 6% of salary. Employer matching vests after two years of service
- Employee stock purchase: Employees can purchase Accenture shares at a 15% discount.
- Wellness program: The wellness program allows our people to set health goals, access tools (trackers and apps), and rewards them for completing healthy activities and improvement in health through an innovative app.
Accenture provides paid time off for sick days and vacation ranging from 10 days to 27 days per year based on level of service. The company also has paid holidays for
nine US holidays and offers a "floating holiday"
for employees to use at their discretion.
The company offers 16 weeks of paid maternity leave for mothers and 8 weeks for secondary caregivers.